Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2’s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Writer. Advocate.
Elementary teacher turned mental health advocate. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression to the curb.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 6 and 2. Send wine.
I write to help others. Sometimes it helps me, too.
And These People Too…
- I can't even with the steps full of girls and the way they take care of each other. It's HUGE for 4th… instagram.com/p/4u5OqPhamr/ 4 hours ago
- Cousins. instagram.com/p/4u4rKGBalN/ 4 hours ago
- I love the way the stripes contrast here. And the way they are sharing one cushion for 4th of July.… instagram.com/p/4sTUWghaql/ 1 day ago
- Vacation weekend at the lake. instagram.com/p/4sO2zlBahQ/ 1 day ago
- Why, yes. I do have an entire conference worth of office supplies, swag, and boxes in my living room.… instagram.com/p/4pG9oOhasW/ 2 days ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="https://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>