Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2’s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Writer. Advocate.
Elementary teacher turned mental health advocate. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression to the curb.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 6 and 2. Send wine.
I write to help others. Sometimes it helps me, too.
And These People Too…
- 74% of the way to our goal?! Y'all. Blown. Away. #PPD #climbout instagram.com/p/BGBnvsYhamh8… 1 day ago
- Reminded tonight how poorly my brain functions on not enough sleep. How we ever expect new moms to not sleep & be well is beyond me. #ppd 1 day ago
- RT @Pauline_Campos: 'Because I Once Wanted to Die, I'm Grateful to Live' ln.is/themighty.com/… via @themightysite 1 day ago
- Time to choose a working nostril for the night and attempt to sleep. #sickandgrumpy 1 day ago
- Now, I just need access to data and a team of statisticians and researchers to prove it. #sickandgrumpy 1 day ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="https://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>