Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2’s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Writer. Advocate.
Elementary teacher turned mental health advocate. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression to the curb.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 6 and 2. Send wine.
I write to help others. Sometimes it helps me, too.
And These People Too…
- Six lanes. There are six lanes on the highway. Man, I missed this. It's… instagram.com/p/6vVECbhauJH_… 5 days ago
- One rolling bag + one old car seat strap = rolling car seat. I'm a… instagram.com/p/6vQ3fkBakFUD… 5 days ago
- My 2 kids under 7 are flying for the 1st time, tomorrow. I'm so anxious, I keep having to resort to breathing exercises. #anxiety #realtalk 6 days ago
- I'm not sure how I was not following @jenniferlabit but it has been rectified. 6 days ago
- RT @jenniferlabit: LIVE on #Periscope: Share the Love Diaper Bank Host answers questions periscope.tv/w/aKiBbjExMTU5… 6 days ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="https://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>