Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2’s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Writer. Advocate.
Elementary teacher turned mental health advocate. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression to the curb.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 6 and 2. Send wine.
I write to help others. Sometimes it helps me, too.
And These People Too…
- We quite literally couldn't have done it without you, Jenna. Standing ovation to you. <3 twitter.com/JennaHatfield/… 3 hours ago
- You know i do! #crochet #ppd #mentalhealth #selfcare twitter.com/postpartumprog… 3 hours ago
- I had people texting me! Lol! Going to sleep. Right..... Now! twitter.com/jessicawlabont… 17 hours ago
- Jill, I am ever in awe of your talent and generosity. Congratulations. @babyrabies twitter.com/mom2summit/sta… 17 hours ago
- RT @CaffeineAndCab: This is 2 years ago. Still stands. RT So amazingly, phenomenally proud of @postpartumprog. All my love to you, Kat! #ir… 19 hours ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="https://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>