Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2’s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Writer. Advocate.
Elementary teacher turned mental health advocate. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression to the curb.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 6 and 2. Send wine.
I write to help others. Sometimes it helps me, too.
And These People Too…
- RT @butterflymum83: Hopeful blog about PND recovery, would love a follow/retweet.Thanks <3 thebutterflymother.wordpress.com/about/ @EndTheStigma @ivyshihle… 1 week ago
- No, YOU are watching flight tracker obsessively because your husband has been gone for 9 days. instagram.com/p/1oi8Uvhapb/ 1 week ago
- RT @rjmac80: Join me in creating local awareness about perinatal mood disorders & the help that is available! crowdrise.com/robinm-cotd201… #cot… 1 week ago
- Some days start off hard and you can't imagine how you'll make it through. And then the days… instagram.com/p/1l-sDvBapY/ 1 week ago
- RT @unxpctdblessing: @learndhappiness @AnaRouds Miss #PPDChat? #Storify transcript is available! --> "Finding Your Rays of Sunshine" http:/… 1 week ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="https://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>