Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2’s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Writer. Advocate.
Elementary teacher turned mental health advocate. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression to the curb.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 6 and 2. Send wine.
I write to help others. Sometimes it helps me, too.
And These People Too…
- RT @MHFirstAidUSA: African American women are more likely to describe physical symptoms of #mentalhealth problems #MinorityMentalHealth htt… 15 hours ago
- We went hunting Pokemon and found this little treasure. Now I know… instagram.com/p/BITLNlDDeiAe… 3 days ago
- We really needed more rain but at least we got this #rainbow instagram.com/p/BIOU1KwDWERh… 5 days ago
- Ran to visit the neighborhood llama and goats at the top of the big… instagram.com/p/BILh4XBjLNX_… 6 days ago
- It's really just a matter of trying to keep this all from tangling.… instagram.com/p/BIJRHsfjZrLZ… 1 week ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="https://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>