Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2’s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Writer. Advocate.
Elementary teacher turned mental health advocate. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression to the curb.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 6 and 2. Send wine.
I write to help others. Sometimes it helps me, too.
And These People Too…
- RT @Djazzo: Yooooo. Need a job? Job Name:Program Manager, Online Awareness & Community Engagement (part-time/20 hours per... https://t.co… 2 days ago
- Thank you for saving my life and then empowering me to help others. @postpartumprog #warriormom #deluxecares twitter.com/postpartumprog… 2 days ago
- It sure was in my case. #anxiety #OCD twitter.com/ScattergoodFdn… 2 days ago
- Tempting! Impressed by my recent work with @SageBiotech for the 2016 #warriormomcon twitter.com/SageBiotech/st… 2 days ago
- RT @cottonbabies: Enter this week's giveaway for a chance to win one of our newest limited edition Genius Series prints, Austen or... https… 2 days ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="https://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>