Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2’s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Writer. Advocate.
Elementary teacher turned mental health advocate. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression to the curb.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 6 and 2. Send wine.
I write to help others. Sometimes it helps me, too.
And These People Too…
- RT @BrianKennedy_e3: One week left to like or share this post to help @DATISe3 donate to @MHFirstAidUSA for #MentalHealthAwarenessMonth! ht… 1 hour ago
- #SaveTheMamasStephen because 1 in 7 moms need help! twitter.com/kbauerwrites/s… 1 hour ago
- Apparently this virus makes my brain not work. Can't even see links. Let's try this again. 1 hour ago
- RT @PostpartumMama: Help us get the word out to @StephenAtHome! #SaveTheMamasStephen twitter.com/KBauerWrites/s… 1 hour ago
- RT @LaDamasquina: @Chirlane FYI Congress is taking no action on including the federal postpartum legislation All other mental health topics… 1 hour ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="https://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>