Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2’s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Writer. Advocate.
Elementary teacher turned mental health advocate. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression to the curb.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 6 and 2. Send wine.
I write to help others. Sometimes it helps me, too.
And These People Too…
- #BecauseOfTwitter, I met the women of @postpartumprog and #ppdchat with @unxpctdblessing, who SAVED MY LIFE. #grateful #PPD #depression 4 hours ago
- Sign up for email notification when registrations open! #selfcare cc: @PostpartumMama twitter.com/WhereWomenBloo… 4 hours ago
- Love seeing so many familiar faces! @postpartumprog and @CaffeineAndCab were there but I had to stay home. Boo! twitter.com/Carters/status… 4 hours ago
- I earned my shirt! Have you earned yours, yet? #climbout twitter.com/postpartumprog… 5 hours ago
- Heard great things! Jealous I couldn't attend#mom2summit this year. @postpartumprog and @CaffeineAndCab were there! twitter.com/ShopVanityFair… 5 hours ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="https://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>