Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2’s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Writer. Advocate.
Elementary teacher turned mental health advocate. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression to the curb.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 6 and 2. Send wine.
I write to help others. Sometimes it helps me, too.
And These People Too…
- Let's tweet more often! =) xoxo #showerwithbecky 4 days ago
- Alright, they are going to stage a coup. Love you, @beckykid. Thanks so much to everyone who jumped on board to #showerwithbecky. 4 days ago
- I probably need to go parent or something like that. #showerwithbecky 4 days ago
- My two are ending "nap" time and it's about to be crazy-pants up in here. #showerwithbecky 4 days ago
- RT @theatredreamer7: Hi I'm auditioning for Elphaba and I'll be singing "Singing in the Rain" #inappropriateauditionsongs 4 days ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="https://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>