Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2’s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Writer. Advocate.
Elementary teacher turned mental health advocate. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression to the curb.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 6 and 2. Send wine.
I write to help others. Sometimes it helps me, too.
And These People Too…
- RT @shanie_jeanie: #MedX ED is after proposals for April conference. @postpartumprog would❤️ to share about PCOR and engaging online patien… 22 hours ago
- RT @mabelhood: 80 labels for less than $14! buff.ly/2d435je https://t.co/ze6IbnwplZ 22 hours ago
- We're sending postcards from #warriormomcon again this year and YOU can sign up to get a little love! Go! Space is… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 2 days ago
- We couldn't be prouder of you! #warriormom twitter.com/SPaigeWrites/s… 5 days ago
- RT @nationalcouncil: We all need to know how to help in a crisis. huff.to/2cKo22E @MHFirstAidUSA #BH365 #MHFA #1in1M 6 days ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="https://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>