Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2’s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Writer. Advocate.
Elementary teacher turned mental health advocate. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression to the curb.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 6 and 2. Send wine.
I write to help others. Sometimes it helps me, too.
And These People Too…
- I'm off to teach some music. Thanks to @StampStigma and @TalkToMe for the chat and letting me be late. ;) #SOSChat 4 hours ago
- A4: There are amazing online communities that can help amplify your story and share, like @postpartumprog #findyourtribe #SOSchat 4 hours ago
- I can't find Q4, so it feels like I'm playing Jeopardy. I'm going with "How can I connect with others? for $400, Alex?" #soschat 4 hours ago
- Yes. Agreed. Resources are so important. Resources and evidence-based information. Empowers patients. #SOSChat twitter.com/Recovery_Org/s… 4 hours ago
- That's the power of lived experience. That's why we are Mom to Mom. #warriormoms twitter.com/postpartumprog… 4 hours ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="https://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>