Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2’s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Writer. Advocate.
Elementary teacher turned mental health advocate. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression to the curb.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 6 and 2. Send wine.
I write to help others. Sometimes it helps me, too.
And These People Too…
- RT @KELSEYTRAIL: Tomorrow is World Maternal Mental Health Day - check out this free documentary screening! : #maternalMHmatters https://t.… 2 hours ago
- RT @StampStigma: It's #MentalHealthAwarenessMonth! Join us every Thursday at 2pm ET for #SOSChat to celebrate #MHM2016! https://t.co/fyvbC8… 2 hours ago
- RT @JennaHatfield: Don't Ruin Taco Tuesday stopdropandblog.com/2016/05/03/don… I mean, honestly. 2 hours ago
- I know some strong #warriormoms! Cc @postpartumprog twitter.com/tjmaxx/status/… 2 hours ago
- RT @AliSiemianowski: Excited for tmrw's #twitterchat. Make a point to be a part of this important convo #hcldr #hcsm #kidshealth #BH365 ht… 2 hours ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="https://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>