Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2’s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Writer. Advocate.
Elementary teacher turned mental health advocate. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression to the curb.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 6 and 2. Send wine.
I write to help others. Sometimes it helps me, too.
And These People Too…
- On route to visit with @SageBiotech about their work in #ppd treatment as part of a patient advisory board. #warriormom 6 days ago
- RT @DBSAlliance: Visit the FacingUs Clubhouse for helpful tips, to track progress and connect with peers. FacingUs.org #Mental… 2 weeks ago
- Um, @AppleSupport? My brand new Macbook Pro arrived and is asking for a trackpad or magic mouse. Hardware error? So frustrating. 2 weeks ago
- RT @PNDandMe: We're also on @instagram so why not pop over and give us a follow! #postnataldepression #mentalhealth #pndchat https://t.co/q… 2 weeks ago
- RT @donttrythis: Failure is always an option. #MythBusters 2 weeks ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="https://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>