Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2’s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Writer. Advocate.
Elementary teacher turned mental health advocate. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression to the curb.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 6 and 2. Send wine.
I write to help others. Sometimes it helps me, too.
And These People Too…
- Somebody tucked in her trashcan before falling asleep tonight. 😂 instagram.com/p/-c7uf7Bajzlb… 1 day ago
- cc: @postpartumprog @FireMom @CaffeineAndCab @HeatheroftheEO @Djazzo twitter.com/SlackHQ/status… 2 days ago
- Impressed by what this student organization is doing. Bravo. Sending my support. twitter.com/lc_blm/status/… 3 days ago
- All the kids who helped bake desserts for 58 families in need in my town… instagram.com/p/-X8Cykhaqkw8… 3 days ago
- Home. And a wreath I survived making with my children. Or my children… instagram.com/p/-XIGqYBal6O8… 4 days ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="https://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>