Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2’s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Writer. Advocate.
Elementary teacher turned mental health advocate. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression to the curb.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 6 and 2. Send wine.
I write to help others. Sometimes it helps me, too.
And These People Too…
- The picture doesn't do it justice. instagram.com/p/BBagQuqBaiVm… 12 hours ago
- All we need is plumbing and WE HAVE A BATHROOM, people!… instagram.com/p/BBY6yiuhamxl… 1 day ago
- RT @katgrant30: A fab #TimeToTalk afternoon- thanks for having us Kennington Coffee Shop! @TimetoChange https://t.co/PZcGZGdMIj 1 day ago
- This is not the new bathroom. This is the old bathroom, minus the… instagram.com/p/BBXdEz6BakXb… 1 day ago
- See that drop in pace at the end? After walking a mile, my back… instagram.com/p/BBSdhyYBavk4… 3 days ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="https://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>